Tuesday, August 31, 2010

30 Days of Creativity


Lately I haven't had the time or energy to make stuff. I want to, I really do but then I come up with excuses - I don't have any time, I need to organize my stuff first, I don't know where to start or what to do. So for September I'm trying something new. I am going to set aside a little bit of time each day and create something - anything. I'm calling it my Creativity Project (working title - haha!) I plan on keeping most of these bits and pieces and experiments in a book - an "art journal" of sorts. But I'm not limiting myself to just art journal pages - it can be whatever I'm in the mood to do - a scrapbook page, an atc, a journal page, or just taking photos (because I used to love that and haven't just taken photos in a long while). And I plan on doing a blog post every day - oh yeah you heard me right - EVERY day in September - how long do you think that will last ! haha! Well I'm going to give it a try anyways. And to start it off here is the title page I made for my journal: The Front says " Do Somethin Creative Every Day September 1-30, 2010" The sticker at the top says " No Right No Wrong No Mistakes". I made the page using glimmer mist and did a masking technique, black pens to outline the letters and distress ink around the edges of the page.

The Back says: No Right. No Wrong. No Budget Sheets. No Pressure. No Restrictions. No Rules. No "is this good enough". No "is this blog worthy" No Excuses. No "there's no time." No fear. No guilt. No Right. No Wrong. No Mistakes! (not even if you forget the "g" on "something" on the title page) A month long exercise in creativity, in making time for myself, and learning something new. September 1-30, 2010. I stamped the words " Today is the Day" and outlined it in pens.

So there it is - the beginning of something cool I hope - we shall see! Oh and just for the record I didn't actually forget the "g" it fell off at some point and I didn't notice. Oh well no mistakes! Right?

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I love this. I say the same things. I want to much to create everyday,that was my new years resolution, but haven't been able to.
I didn't notice the "G" until you mentioned it teehee.

Sharla said...

What a great idea! Sometimes, just "doing" gets the creative juices flowing! Love the title page!

Amy said...

I'm right there with you! I want to create but get home exhausted from the school year starting and bogged down with special ed paperwork....I think I'm going to try this idea as well....even if all I can muster up is a tag or small card! Thanks so much for the inspiration and fun idea!!