Saturday, September 4, 2010

Creativity Project Day 4

Dustin and I got up really early this morning (7am - I know I know - but it's early for ME) to go to the South of the James Market. Which by the way, I LOVE! We came out with a bag of stuff and these gorgeous sunflowers:I really wanted my post for today to just be photos - I thought I would go and take photos of all the cool vendors and the great produce for sale. But I have a fear of taking photos in front of people so that didn't happen today. Maybe next Saturday! So instead I came home and used the sunflowers as inspiration for a page in my art journal. I was thinking "Hey I can sketch a sunflower and then watercolor it!" Well... I haven't sketched anything in about 10 years so my drawing skills are a bit rusty... ok they are down right terrible... but no worries it was fun and I stayed committed to my page and painted it with distress inks (which make fantastic water colors - smudge the ink pad on your craft mat and spray with water = watercolor paints!) Then i was feeling ehh about it so I sprayed the whole thing with glimmer mist (because lets face it - everything is better with glimmer mist!). And the color I used with appropriately named "Sunflower". Some of the individual pages I've made so far are not my best work but I am really really liking how it's all coming together and seeing it as a part of a book/art journal. See the page there on the bottom of the picture? Oh yeah I'm definitely not showing you that close up! And yes I do really work in that mess... sad thing is that's my dining room table under there... the craft room is too messy to walk into... and well the living room coffee table looks about the same! I have an excuse... I'm in the middle of planning classes for next quarter at Memories Galore! Dustin's reading this and saying ...yeah right... those rooms ALWAYS look like that...

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love the flowers...I thought at first that was your craft room, but it isn't is it? Have you ever eaten in your dining room? :-)