Saturday, September 25, 2010

Creativity Project Day 25

So yesterday I didn't technically make anything... I worked on my display for class kickoff so I'm going to count that as doing something creative.

Today I did another art journal page:I used book text as my background, a piece of the new steampunk debutante from Graphic 45, magic mesh and the tim holtz book plates. I used the glimmer glaze (now in stores at Memories Galore)I started with my book text as my base for the page. I took the blue glimmer glaze and shook it (you can shake it glimmer glaze since the air bubbles don't affect usage - glimmer mist you gently swirl) I dumped a little bit on my nonstick craft mat and watered it down. I used a flat wash brush (not the brush in the bottle) to do a wash background. It gave a nice light blue glimmer background. I then took the gold color and using the brush it came with (and not watering it down - because it is pretty watery) I brushed it on the top of the page and let it drip down the page. The glaze is a little weird because it has almost a nail polish finish to it. I watered down the gold color a bit and used it to paint the steampunk image. I actually like the effect of watering it down better than using it straight out of the bottle.

Did you know you can paint the Tim Holtz metal plates? If you don't like the look of the metal (and there is always that weird gold one I don't know what to do with) you can sand it down a bit and paint it with white acrylic paint. I usually let it dry and sand a little of it off to give it a shabby chic look. In this case i painted it with white and then painted over that with the gold glimmer glaze.

Hope you enjoy today's post. And if you are visiting the blog for the first time (Hi everyone I met at kickoff!) feel free to "like" my facebook fanpage (see the link on the right)

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Very Cool!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

that is really awesome! love the idea of the book text

Anonymous said...

lovr it painted like that will be following..thanks for the visit on my blog