Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays - Easy Beach Souvenir

 
Summers are the time for travel and trips to the beach!  What better way to remember those beautiful summer memories then bottle them up (literally!).  I used a spice jar (from World Market for $1 - though you can find them anywhere)  filled it with sand and dressed it up with seam binding and a vintage label. 
 
Now everytime I look at the jar I remember our trip to Rhode Island and how Dustin and his brother Zach stared at me like I was crazy while I ran into the ocean (it was September): 
Here is another idea for you - why not frame a postcard from your vacation - or even better a VINTAGE postcard!  And where might you find vintage postcards..... hmmm..... perhaps in my Etsy Shop??

Photobucket

4 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

fun idea

Concetta said...

I love your ideas!! Thank you for sharing! Enjoy the holiday weekend!
<><
Concetta

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Very clever... love it! :]

ShabbyESP said...

I love visiting your blog you are such a creative gal!!!
Pop over to my blog when you have a chance I made a book which I got the idea from you
Thanks so much!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~