Monday, September 28, 2009

My trip to Rhode Island

After teaching a distress ink class in the West End Wednesday night Dustin and I drove 9 hours to Rhode Island. The reason for our trip was to see Dustin's brother Zach graduate from Naval Officer Candidate School on Friday morning. We definately underestimated how cold it would be. And seriously it was the windiest day ever... it reminded us of South Dakota... and why we don't want to move back!
After the graduation we drove around Newport and walked around taking pictures.
Did I mention it was windy? Yeah my hair looked like that the entire day... and I swear I brushed it...
We definately made sure to get some seafood while we were there (though not at the place that I took this picture...) And we saw a few trees (literally like one or two) with changing leaves...
On Saturday Dustin, Zach, and I went driving around and shopping... and I made them go to the beach... I got in the water... and it actually wasn't nearly as cold as I thought it would be...
Though Dustin and Zach refused to go in....
It was a fun trip...however I am convinced that next time I go to New England I will be traveling by airplane... driving through Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York City was no fun... oh yeah and smelly New Jersey....

1 comment:

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Weird you only saw 2 trees on your entire trip. Did Dustin blind fold you? lol. How come you didn't post about your first class?? How'd it go?