Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What does 21 scoops of buttons look like?

This is what happens when Memories Galore has a sale - 75% off all Creative Cafe Products... yeah I went a tad bit nuts and bought 21 scoops of buttons (along with a bunch of other stuff)... but I NEEDED them... I mean I don't sew and I don't ever put buttons on my scrapbook pages...but I'm pretty sure I'm going to need them... and if there is ever some sort of national button crisis I will be ready....

Speaking of shopping I went to an antique store with Linda last week to see what kind of good stuff we could find and I came out with these:

My plan is to buy a couple more old or oldish cameras and display them on a shelf in my scrapbook room... you know as soon as I get a scrapbook room....
Oh and I found this:
It's an old photo album... not quite as excited as I am yet? Check out the inside:


Now you're jealous right? I have no idea what I am going to do with it though... the cover was pretty much destroyed... The stuffing was coming out and it was torn but the inside pages are intact and made of thick chipboard.. I was going to rip out the pages and turn them into covers to a mini book and then reuse the cloth and really cool latch in some other way... but then when I told the guy at the store my plan he told me the album was from the late 1800s (which may or may not be true) and that made me feel a bit of guilt...but the album really isn't in great shape .... any ideas on how I could use it?

And in other updates:

I am teaching my first scrapbook class tonight: A distress ink technique class at Memories Galore in the west end. I'm super excited about it and hoping it goes well. I also hope to post some pictures from how it went in the next couple of days. So look for that.

Immediately following the class, Dustin and I will be driving to Rhode Island. I'm pretty excited since I have never been to Rhode Island before. Look for a post on that soon as well with hopefully lots of pretty pictures!!

More random news: Dustin and I are house hunting. We have decided to stay in Virginia for a while which is a big deal for me since I have this crazy need to move every year or so. We will see how that goes.

And finally remember how I have kept talking about starting an etsy shop? Yeah well I haven't started that BUT my mom has started one. So you should check that out... HERE She has lots of cute mini albums and cards.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for the free advertisement for my Etsy shop. I got my first sale today...woohoo!! From your friend Melissa S. Of course I don't handle this selling stuff too well, cause I feel guilty, as you could have showed her how to make the mini album she bought, since you showed me. :( But I made a sale!!!!

Get the Picture by Kathy said...

Cool finds - I'm interested in seeing what you do with the album.

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

SO glad you got 21 scoops of buttons because I'm pretty sure we're going to have a button crisis pretty soon in the near future.... ;) Thanks for the linkage. Oh and I think you should rip apart that album. It would make it happy to look better. It's in pretty sad shape if you ask me. And can't wait to see your awesome old camera display. And pics from your first ever class. And pics from your fun trip. ok, just post pics of your entire life. Then I might be happy. lol jk.

Barbara said...

I would find a book binder to restore the cover. We inherited an old family bible which I had restored it looks great.