Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays - Coffee Mini

I'm starting to run out of ideas from the dollar store so I've moved on to other placed to find "thrifty" craft ideas.  Today's mini is made out of recycled cardboard coffee sleeves from Starbucks.  These are perfect because they are sturdy cardboard and you can glue the inside bottom together to make a pocket for hidden journaling.  I went with the coffee theme and found quotes about friends and coffee to make a mini that's perfect for a good friend.
 


And if you are interested in the quotes I used - here they are:
  • A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.
  • Chocolate, men, coffee – some things are better rich.
  • Caffeine isn’t a drug, it’s a vitamin !!
  • I don’t have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without caffeine.
  • I'd stop drinking coffee, but I'm no quitter.
  • Behind every successful woman... is a substantial amount of coffee.   - Stephanie Piro
  • Coffee tastes better with a friend. 
  • Coffee and friends - a perfect blend.

Photobucket

9 comments:

dfhathaway123 said...

Melissa, I LOVE this one! I have been saving my coffee wraps for something???? Now I know what. I used some of them unwrapped and turned over for the slim corrugated cardboard texture. I am soooo excited to make this mini.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

way too cute

Karen said...

Love it!!

Vanessa said...

This is so creative! TFS!

Debbie said...

Love the mini album! I take the sleeves and cover them in different paper and bring them with me back to SB. I've made tons of them for the different seasons and holidays and for friends.

Simple Things Sweet Life said...

Melissa...your blog and etsy store are among my very favorites! Keep the ideas coming!

At Christmas I made a cute little C'mas mini album out of my Starbuck's Latte cup and it is just about the most favorite project I've ever done. :) Maybe I got the idea from you!

Terri said...

Sorry but I'm confused, what are these little "mini-sleeves" used for, I see a photo and a quote and a ring with 2 together, what's inside?

Michele said...

i love this! thanks so much! xo

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited - I love Starbucks so this is the perfect project for me. :D