Sunday, June 19, 2011

Saturday Finds

I spent yesterday doing my favorite thing - looking for great vintage finds!  Here is just a sampling of what I came back with:
Books - tons and tons of books!  Two giant box fulls to be exact! Lots of children's books that will become ephemera packs in my shop!
12 large circus souvenir books from the 70s/80s.  Great circus images - still not sure what I am going to do with these!
And my favorite - a stack of tobacco felt flags.  I don't know much about these other than they were given out in the early 1900s to promote cigarettes.

I also picked up a few travel guides and a huge stack of postcards.  I have already posted a bunch of postcards and look for the other items to pop up in my Etsy shop soon!


Photobucket

5 comments:

laurie said...

lucky you - these looks so interesting! i will have to check out your shop for new goodies.

curlyqmosaics said...

WOW! Looks like you found some really great tresures! Off to check out some of the new goods in your Etsy shop! :)

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

WOW! lucky gal :]
Such wonderful eye candy here!

DebWoo said...

where do you shop for your vintage books? I am in BC and usually shop at Salvation Army, Value Village and local hospital and charity thrift stores but vintage books like these are hard to find. Jealous LOL

Bonita Rose said...

oh my.. you got some wonderful books.... you are great at this.. love your packs! hugs xo