Friday, August 12, 2011

In a rut...

I have been in a creative rut for a while now.  I'm thinking I need to come up with a challenge for myself.  Maybe like I did last September - when I tried to do something creative every day.  (see all of those posts here).  I'm thinking of trying to do a month of art journaling.  But I did also just get a HUGE order from two peas recently (with all that fabulous new My Mind's Eye papers!!) so maybe a challenge to make X amount of pages in X amount of time?  Hmm.... will have to give that some more thought... am hoping to create some sort of challenge for myself in September again. But for now having fun on the rare occasion I do sit down and play in the studio.

And if you are wondering what happened to Thrifty Thursday - well I never finished it but here it is:

I had the idea to make a mini (very mini) book out of cardboard floss bobbins. I didn't get passed the covering the bobbins part.  They would also make cute embellishments for scrapbook pages (wrap some twine around them?)

Photobucket

3 comments:

janine said...

I know what you mean about the 'rut' thing. I've been in one lately, too. I don't know what it is but I just can't seem to get a project finished and it really boils down to just not being motivated. I'm thinking it might have something to do with me being more of a seasonal crafter---like in the winter months when it's not so nice outside. I seem to go through this almost every summer. I sit down to craft and it's just like....ACK!! lol

donna!ee said...

uuggghhh...i know about the creative rut also BUT it too shall pass! love love love the mini from floss thingy...thank you much!

Denise said...

I just found your blog via Pinterest. I read your About Me page on your blog and I had a good laugh. Love your sense of humor. Your bobbin mini is awesome. I have those thread bobbins coming out of my ears and do I think up something like this. No. Thanks for sharing.