Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays - Passport Mini

So I'm thinking I need to change the name to "Mini Book Thursdays" because it seems like I am always making mini books!!  Today's mini was made from one of those passport covers.  I found this one at Tuesday Morning for $2.99 (which is kinda thrifty!?!?)  I think this would be a cute mini to make for trips out of the country.  Particularly if it says "Passport" on the front (which they usually do) This one says "good times" so it could work for anything. 
Tutorial:
Supplies Needed: passport cover, sheet of cardstock, pages of an atlas (or patterned paper), ribbon, string
Step 1: In my passport cover there was a sheet of paper - take this out and measure it. (if you don't have one you need to do a little measuring/trial and error to find what will fit) mine was 5 x7
Step 2: Cut one sheet of cardstock and pages of maps to the same size as your template (5x7). I cut 6 map pieces.  Fold the pieces in half.
Step 3: Punch holes in the paper and tie a piece of string to hold it together.
Step 4: Insert the cardstock page into the passport cover (front and back)
Step 5: Punch holes in the cover and tie a piece of ribbon to hold the book together.  I used a cropadile to punch the holes because it punches through everything!!
Step 6: Decorate and insert pictures!

Photobucket

11 comments:

katie said...

Love this!!
-Katie
www.punkprojects.blogspot.com

donna!ee said...

awesome melissa. i found these covers @ michaels and there were some that said passport. what a great gift idea. thank you much for sharing...blest be :)

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

just wonderful!

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Look'in good!
You are very creative.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents :]

LidiaZuniReds said...

que hermoso!!! ^.^

ArtfullyJune said...

Very cute - I love a good mini book!

MichelleB said...

This is awesome! I have been decluttering the house and found a passport cover last week. Now I know what to do with it!

Unknown said...

I love this entire idea, tfs;)

Gabi Alberti said...

Wow!! I loved this idea about maps!! :)

Smith said...

This is the first time i read your blog and admire that you have posted on this...I really found useful.Keep updated.
passport holder

Shachar said...

It looks so beautiful and easy!
We'll definitely try this at home :)