Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Simple Sewing

 
If you have been following me for a while you know a couple things about me:

A. I bought a sewing machine about 8 months ago
B. I have NO idea how to sew
C. I made it my new year's resolution to learn how to use my sewing machine
D. I like to talk in lists using A, B, C, etc

That last one is totally true by the way - ask Dustin - I do it ALL the time.  So anyways yesterday I decided was the day I was going to pull out the sewing machine and finally use it on a project.  And here is what I came up with:
I created a simple art journal using my antique ephemera kit from my shop.  I made the pages for my journal by sewing multiple book text together, and sewing postcards and playing cards on top of pages.  The more stuff I added the thicker and more durable the pages became.  I'm totally loving the look of sewing on pages and even though I'm pretty sure my sewing skills would make anyone who knows anything about sewing cringe! This book was the perfect way for me to test out my machine and get the hang of it.  I'm loving the cover and all the layers - I'm thinking I'm going to be going through a sewing phase for a while!!

Like this journal?  If you buy any of the following ephemera packs through my Etsy shop from today through Sunday April 10th I will add in two kraft 5x7 sheets of cardstock, 1 yard of blue seam binding, 1 tag, and 1 doily so you will have all the supplies I used to create the same journal I did! Just leave me a note in the comment section at checkout like "I found your shop through the blog!" or " GIVE ME MY FREE STUFF!!"

To get this offer you must buy one of the following ephemera packs:
Ephemera Bundle Pack - 250 Pieces
Antique Ephemera Pack - 46 pieces
World Traveler Ephemera Pack - 80 pieces
Collage Pack - 70 pieces

Photobucket

This post is linked here:
handmade projectsThe Girl Creativemmm buttonMakingPhotobucket




8 comments:

Grace said...

I love the idea of sewing on paper and creating a journal out of it. I wouldn't be able to tell you can't sew, it looks pretty straight! I still can't sew straight after a year with a sewing machine!
Have a great day!

Miss Melissa said...

I love it. So vintage and so cute! :) Good job. I look forward to the other sewing projects you share. I am the same. Haha Have a machine, but dont really know how to use it. :)

Deborah said...

I love the things you make, I've seen sewing with card and paper before but never done it myself, will have to try now!

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Amanda said...

This looks wonderful, especially when you say you can't sew! I wish I couldn't sew this well, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, love it!! I think I may need one of those kits now!! Thanks for sharing!

Esther Asbury said...

This is a really neat project! Love the look of sewing on paper!

Brandy J. said...

I just found your blog and am your newest follower. This project is STUNNING! Thanks for creating such a fab blog full of inspiration.

Kath said...

this is great. I just tried sewing on paper and love it. you are much better than I am so far.. haha. very cute.

kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com