Monday, April 11, 2011

Easter Mail Idea

I saw this idea a while back on Giverslog and I knew I HAD to do it!  So i bought some Easter eggs at Walmart and I filled them with toys for my nephews:
 
and candy for my parents/inlaws:
I bought the really big Easter eggs that are sold individually and these ones originally had pop rocks in them.  I was going to use the regular sized ones but I needed to find a toy suitable for small children (both of my nephews are 15 months old) and those toys were larger so larger egg it was!  I put 4 stamps on my eggs.  I have no idea how much it actually needed - I was afraid to go in and ask the post office workers how much it would take to mail an Easter egg so I just added a bunch of postage, put it in my mailbox and hoped for the best!  And it worked!

PS: New Vintage Homemaker Ephemera Kits in the Etsy Shop.  Check them out!

 Photobucket
This post is linked here:



The Girl Creativemmm buttonMakingPhotobucketKeeping It Simple






9 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a cute idea!

Susie said...

how fun!

Coffee and a Mop said...

What did they say when they received an Easter egg in the mail?

So creative!

kpmattingly said...

I love this. So fun and creative! :)

House On Beach Street said...

Love that idea!! Super

Morgan Lea @ Gloryfilled said...

I'm trying to imagine the mail mans reaction. hehe! very very cute!

Connie said...

super cute idea1!!!

Krissy @ B.Inspired said...

I've heard you can mail just about anything, but this, THIS, is AWESOME! I can't wait to do this for my little ones. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jami said...

My children would love, love, LOVE to get these in the mail! I hope you'll stop by the Pretty Packages Party and share them.

http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/04/pretty-packages-party-8.html

Smiles!
Jami