Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays - Altered Journal

Happy Thrifty Thursday!  If you follow me on facebook you know that a couple of days ago I made a trip to Michaels and found the most fantastic Vintage Circus items in the their dollar bins.  For this week's project I bought one of the journals and a pack of cards/envelopes.   I started by pulling out some of the paper throughout the book in sections.  I then adhered envelopes and photo mats (made out of a paper bag). I embellished the front with the image from one of the cards matted on crumpled brown paper bag, added eyelets and ribbon and done!  A easy way to turn a dollar bin journal into a fun altered journal that you can add photos and other fun bits from your life!


Photobucket


This post is linked here:
handmade projectsgiveawaysA Crafty SoireeHookingupwithHoH

8 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

This is too stinkin cute....you really scored on the vintsge goodies!!!

TheLastOfNine said...

Cute, another one of your great ideas.
Gloria

curlyqmosaics said...

vintage...circus...$1 bin....I am totally there...thanks for sharing!

Super cute journal!

Lina Thomlinson said...

Super cute! Now you've made me want to take the trek to Michaels to pick up some goodies for myself.

Elizabeth said...

that is REALLY cute!!

mrs.pinkpearls said...

Cute idea!

Katie said...

It's really pretty, I love the vintage feel and how you turned a dollar item into something priceless.

maria söderlund said...

I enjoyed reaading your post