Friday, March 4, 2011

Week of Dollar Store Crafts - Farmer's Market Binder

Today is the last day of my week of dollar store projects! I hope you have enjoyed following along! This week was so successful that I think I will be bringing it back once a week - Dollar Store Thursdays - sounds good right? My final project is by far my favorite. This project was made out of a small binder - it was hideous shiny black but it had tabbed pages and lined notebook paper - a total score!
I covered it in paper, traced the tabbed pages and added cardstock in addition to the notebook paper. So what do I plan on using it for? Well so glad you asked! One of my new favorite things about living in Richmond (well technically the Richmond area) is the abundance of farmer's markets. My favorite is the South of the James market in Forest Hill. That one is a bit of a drive for me so I'm super excited that there will be a new market super close to where I live - the Brandermill Green Market now on Saturdays starting in April! I made this little binder to keep photos of our Saturday mornings at the market, recipes to try, and notes of our adventures. I am super excited for the start of the season and to fill this book out! I am starting to put recipes I think may be great to try with the local produce. This recipe is from Giada De Laurentis and is for Spaghettini with Checca Sauce. You can find the recipe here.



Photobucket

This post is linked here:
calm+breeze+banner+friday.jpgPhotobucketPhotobucketPassionately Artistic

13 comments:

Deborah said...

What a great idea, it's so cute and you will use it more because of this :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Karen said...

Love it! So creative!

Tere Azua said...

Dollar Store Thursday sounds perfect!
Your binder turned out gorgeous!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

way too cute

dfhathaway123 said...

I will enjoy dollar store thursdays too. thanks.

TheLastOfNine said...

Melissa, this is by far my favorite. I do have a question, when I use paper modge podge it tends to dry up and warp even before I attach it to chipboard. What am I doing wrong?
Gloria

Nitasha said...

I have enjoyed this week of dollar store crafts and would love to see it as a regular feature!

By the Bluegrass said...

I love this! I collage up my notebooks, similar to this. And, I love using binders to keep pictures of ideas in.
Lovely job.
xo,
Sena

Sweet European Dreams said...

oh. help. me. This is SO stinkin' cute and I'll take anything that will help me w/organization! Glad I found you today on the Friday Favorites linky! -diane
http://www.sweeteuropeandreams.com

laurie said...

a very fun and inspiring series! i love how you can take the ordinary and cheap and make it fabulous!

Lyssa Beth said...

I gave you an award on my blog for your awesomeness :)

http://bornagaincrafter.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

Lyssa

Chrisd said...

What a great idea to redo dollar store finds. That is just perfect for my tight budget. Thanks a bunch for the inspiration ideas. Looking forward to Thursdays!

cal8007 said...

I second the idea of Dollar Store Thursday. I'll be hee to see what you make :)

Carmen L