1. First clean out the makeup from the compact. Find a circle punch that punches circles to fit in the compact. (Mine was 2 1/4") Punch 8 circles. Line four of the circles up and place tape in the center of each circle.
2. Lay a piece of ribbon over the tape running through the center of the circles (leaving only a small piece of ribbon in between circles) Adhere a second circle on top of each of the original circles. This creates the base of your mini album.
3. Adhere the circle on the far left to the bottom of the compact so that it won't come out. Trim any overhanging ribbon.
4. On the circle on the far right fold over the ribbon and staple. Trim off any excess ribbon. This creates a handle so you can pull the mini out. The circles are stored accordion style in the compact.
5. Embellish as desired. I put photos on one side of the circles and left the others blank for journaling (except for the one that lands on top) I used a circle punch to punch the photos and the patterned paper that covers the mirror and top of the compact.
NOTE: If I did this project again I would somehow incorporate ribbon on the outside so that it tied closed. The compact is pretty shallow and mine as it is just barely locks but any extra items and it wouldn't have - it would have been better to have that tie to keep it closed.
And remember today is your last chance to enter my giveaway. Check it out here and come back tomorrow to see who won!
This post is linked here: