Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays - Bingo Mini

 
It's Thrifty Thursday and I'm back with another mini book (I think I'm going through a phase).  This one is made out of a Bingo game I found at the Dollar Tree.

  
I didn't take photos for a tutorial but here is a quick run down on how I made it: The Bingo cards were already attached (they were perforated so you could tear them apart before you played with them). And they came in twos - one strip of green and one in red (so you could make two books out of this!)  I chose the green ones and kept them attached.  I then cut strips of patterned paper and glued them to the back side of the bingo cards (this will help keep them together).  Once the glue was dry I folded the bingo cards accordion style.  I added mats and decorated the front and there you have it!
 
  I still have to add photos - I think I might add some from my mom, sister and nephew's visit!

Photobucket 

This post is linked here:
handmade projectsgiveawaysA Crafty SoireeHookingupwithHoH


13 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

so cute!

Elizabeth said...

what a great idea! love it. very creative :)

Deborah said...

This is so cute, I love it!

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

TheLastOfNine said...

That is CUTE, now I really need to go and find some of those!!
Gloria

Lyssa Beth said...

This is so cute! I love those bingo cards!
Don't forget to link up to thrifty thursdays!
Lyssa
bornagaincrafter.blogspot.com

Cassie said...

It's fantastic!! It has inspired me to go through my daughter's room and "borrow" things!!! =)

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Oh this is just darling! Great job!

laurie said...

great idea! and the nice thing is there are enough to share.

Isreview said...

Oh how cute!! You are so creative! I have been enjoying your blog for a long time but only recently started a blog so I have a google account,now I can tell you how much I have been enjoying your work:)
---
Daniela
http://isreview1.blogspot.com

Jenn said...

That looks wonderful. Cute idea.

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

You always come up with the best stuff!

TeenaBugg38 said...

Melissa, this is adorable! Like I need another reason to shop Dollar Tree......lol

Scrapbooking Emmy said...

This is kind of like a mini accordion book but only a lot easier to make. I made an accordion book with a tutorial on my blog, much more complicated. LOVE this idea!!!