Friday, October 22, 2010

Green at Heart Tag Tutorial

I am stuck on these tags so here is a quick tutorial of a tag I made using the Basic Grey Green at Heart Collection. Hope you enjoy!
2 Take a shipping tag (found at local office supply store) Adhere to the back side of the patterned paper. Trim off excess paper. Set an eyelet in the tag hole Ink the edges with your favorite distress ink - I used vintage photo because I am going through a vintage photo phase!
To make the pleats at the bottom first cut a strip of paper - I was using a 6x6 paper pad so I cut a strip 3/4" x 6" (usually i cut a piece longer because this fell a little short - however i just covered it with a sticker). Beginning at one end start to fold over the pleats. To adhere to the tag - put a piece of scor tape down on the tag first then place the pleats on top.
Pick out a sticker you like - to make it "unsticky" rub baby powder over the back of the sticker. Pop dot it and adhere to the tag. You want to make it unsticky so that when the tag is being handled it doesn't stick to itself. (or pick up random dirt)Embellish - I cut a flower in half and adhered above the pleat and then adhered some bling. Cut a strip from coordinating paper - Cut the "green at heart" out of the sticker sheet and adhere to the strip - cut the words out and pop dot. When I make ATCs and tags I often look to the tear strips on paper to see what the name is - often times I can use these pieces on my tag/ATC.Embellish with a butterfly - use baby powder to make the sticker unsticky and then apply a thin line of glue on the butterfly and push up the wings. Use baby powder and pop dot a heart. Attach ribbon or tulle to the top of the tag and you're done! I'm thinking these tags are going to catch on! If you are posting a tag on your blog - let me know and I might do a post featuring you soon!

This post is linked at Sawdust and Paper Scraps and here:

8 comments:

Sue Althouse said...

Loved seeing your steps. I think I need to get to the office supply store this weekend!

Mary Hamer said...

Oooo I just love tutorials and this one is great!! Adorable tag!

Becky said...

Luuuuv your tag. Great tutorial! I've been wondering where to find those shipping tags locally, now I know! I'm all over it this weekend!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

You are rocking these tags! This one is too cute!

Sharla said...

Your tags are adorable...great tutorial too!

Sawdust Girl said...

Adorable and I never thought to rub baby powder on something to get rid of the stickiness. {Or cover it anyway} Love that tip.

Thanks for linking up.

~Sandra
sawdustandpaperscraps.com

Steph said...

Gorgeous tag. Thanks for the tutorial.

Casey Wright said...

This is super cute! Love it! Thanks for the tutorial :)