Sunday, October 17, 2010

Spooky Halloween House

As a finale to my week of Halloween tags I decided I was going to decorate a cardboard house I found at a local craft store. This project took a bit longer than I thought but I love how it turned out!  I hope you have enjoyed the week of Halloween tags! If you want to go back and see all the Halloween tags in one place you can do that here.

I just love these Cosmo Cricket chipboard shapes! And I'm not just saying that because they posted one of my tags on their blog!
I didn't do a tutorial for this house but just to give a run down on what I did - I painted the entire house black first (yes I finally went out and bought black craft paint!) I then covered the roof in white vintage buttons - this took me HOURS - seriously way too long! (side note - I used glossy accents to adhere the buttons - this stuff is an amazing adhesive!). I then cut out strips of paper - cut into rectangles - inked each piece and adhered them to the front of the house - YES those are tiny rectangles of paper - and YES I am crazy because that took HOURS as well! I then added the trees (which i found on clearance at a local craft store) and the Cosmo Cricket chipboard pieces and there you have it!

This Halloween House can be viewed in the Two Peas Gallery here

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it took you a long time to do but it is really, really cute!

Anonymous said...

Super cute.. love the buttons

Unknown said...

So cute! You did a GREAT job!

Anonymous said...

that came out so neat. loved the buttons and "rectangles". awesome job.
you should be very happy & proud of it


lynda in calif

Unknown said...

THat's so inspiring. I love the scene. I feel the urge to get some candy now...

sherree said...

this is amazing!!!

DebW said...

very cute!

Sawdust Girl said...

So cute. Thanks for linking up!

Tracy said...

It may have taken you hours to do but it was well worth it. This is awesome.

Pam said...

I love it! You inspire me!:-)

Red Couch Recipes said...

Your house is really cute -- love the figures outside it too. Joni

Heather Innusa said...

Drooool, I love this little house - I SO want to trick-or-treat there!! Great job!!

Shayna @ Texas Monkey said...

I love this, so crafty you are! I'd love for you to link it up and show it off, it would go perfect with my Halloween Party link up party. http://texasmonkey.blogspot.com/2010/10/all-about-you-monday-link-up_18.html

memakingdo said...

That is just too cute! Come link up to my party memakingdo.blogspot.com

Seedplanter Designs said...

How cute is that - a BUTTON roof!
Glad I bumped into your blog tonight. You're an amazing, craftsy lady.

Jennifer Leigh said...

Awwwww it's so cute. I LOVE buttons. I have jars of buttons that my great grandmother saved her whole life....I need to use them for something cool like this!

Christina said...

Amazing! Love it-can't imagine how long it took but well worth the effort!:)

Unknown said...

Hi I love this house you made!!! And I love that you cut all those rectangles - totally worth it! Thanks for coming by my blog. and I'll certainly be following you for more inspiration!

~kelly marie~ said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I absolutely adore this spooky house! It is amazing!!! Hugs to you!!