Friday, October 1, 2010

Creativity Project Recap

My 30 days of doing something creative have come and gone. This is what the cover of my art journal looks like. Simple but I like it and I like that it is a finished book of this adventure. If you are interested in seeing the complete project click here to see the 30 days of posts.

What did I learn?

1. There IS time. I didn't think I would have the time do do something every day between teaching, working and coming up with classes. Day 1 I spent at least 3 hours and once I realized there was no way that was going to work I was able to carve out about 30 minutes to an hour every day to make something. This is totally doable and something I hope I will be able to carry on at least a couple times a week.

2. I might have the will power to create something every day and stick with something but I will ALWAYS be a procrastinator! Seriously... you have no idea how many times it was like 9pm and I was like "Crap! I haven't made anything today!" I never cheated though! I truly made something every day and posted about it on that day - I didn't make anything ahead of time and hold the posts.

3. I missed 2 days - so sue me - I needed a break - everyone needs a break every once in a while

4. I enjoy blogging. I want to make more time to keep up the blog. The down side with blogging? The obsessive checking to see how many people have read my blog that day.

5. I really like this art journaling thing - before this project I hadn't tried it. I actually thought I would be making more layouts during the month. Turns out I didn't make any layouts and I did journal pages 21 of the 30 days.

So what's next?

1. Dustin and I have a trip to the mountains planned this month for our anniversary so I will be making another travel journal.
2. I want to make more layouts. I think I will plan on making at least one a week - maybe do a "Layout Tuesday" post or something - still thinking about that one
3. I really want to do a Week in the Life - every day for a week take pictures and do a page (probably in a mini book) Click here to see the Ali Edward's Week in the Life project
4. Ultimately I want to do a December Daily album. I have been trying to do this for the last 2 years and have never made it past the second day. Click here to see Ali Edward's December Daily project.
5. I have talking about an etsy shop for the past 2 years so someday I want to make that happen
6. Keep up the art journaling and keep posting blogs about it - maybe with tutorials!
7. Grow my blog - keep posting and keep getting followers.

Any ideas for what you would like to see?

4 comments:

Kelly Roberts said...

congrats for your completion of the thirty day challenge. seems like you learned something about yourself. you did it!

ksimonedesigns.blogspot.com

Delanie said...

Hmmm...obsessively checking blog to see how many people have read it that day. That behaviour seems strangely familiar. :)

Unknown said...

Your art journal pages look fabulous!
Well done- a great challenge!

PinkPug,INK. said...

love your art journal & congrats on sticking with the 30 day thing! I, also have started a December Daily several times & never finished- maybe this year?

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!