My 30 days of doing something creative have come and gone. This is what the cover of my art journal looks like. Simple but I like it and I like that it is a finished book of this adventure. If you are interested in seeing the complete project click here to see the 30 days of posts.
What did I learn?
1. There IS time. I didn't think I would have the time do do something every day between teaching, working and coming up with classes. Day 1 I spent at least 3 hours and once I realized there was no way that was going to work I was able to carve out about 30 minutes to an hour every day to make something. This is totally doable and something I hope I will be able to carry on at least a couple times a week.
2. I might have the will power to create something every day and stick with something but I will ALWAYS be a procrastinator! Seriously... you have no idea how many times it was like 9pm and I was like "Crap! I haven't made anything today!" I never cheated though! I truly made something every day and posted about it on that day - I didn't make anything ahead of time and hold the posts.
3. I missed 2 days - so sue me - I needed a break - everyone needs a break every once in a while
4. I enjoy blogging. I want to make more time to keep up the blog. The down side with blogging? The obsessive checking to see how many people have read my blog that day.
5. I really like this art journaling thing - before this project I hadn't tried it. I actually thought I would be making more layouts during the month. Turns out I didn't make any layouts and I did journal pages 21 of the 30 days.
So what's next?
1. Dustin and I have a trip to the mountains planned this month for our anniversary so I will be making another travel journal.
2. I want to make more layouts. I think I will plan on making at least one a week - maybe do a "Layout Tuesday" post or something - still thinking about that one
3. I really want to do a Week in the Life - every day for a week take pictures and do a page (probably in a mini book) Click here to see the Ali Edward's Week in the Life project
4. Ultimately I want to do a December Daily album. I have been trying to do this for the last 2 years and have never made it past the second day. Click here to see Ali Edward's December Daily project.
5. I have talking about an etsy shop for the past 2 years so someday I want to make that happen
6. Keep up the art journaling and keep posting blogs about it - maybe with tutorials!
7. Grow my blog - keep posting and keep getting followers.
Any ideas for what you would like to see?