Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's Genetic...

Ever wonder where I got my need to create things? Ok honestly probably not... but I'm going to tell you anyways - It's totally genetic. You're probably thinking - oh you have artist parents? Well no - they were air traffic controllers - but they do have creative hobbies - so today I'm going to show you a little of what they do -

My mom scrapbooks and creates mini albums -she's the one who got my started in scrapbooking - and now I'm the one who teaches her about all the newest products. Here are some of her creations:She also has a facebook page and an etsy shop.

My dad is creative too - he makes tikis - yeah you read that right - TIKIS! He just picked it up one day about two years ago - crazy right? Look at them though they are awesome!He doesn't sell them - he just makes them and gives them to family members - mostly keeps them though - you can imagine what my parents back deck looks like! It's like a tiki party!

And then there's Danielle, my sister - she was the real artist of the family - I don't know if she's even still creating art - but look at this - her and her friend made this in high school - isn't it fantastic - it's hard to tell but it's HUGE!So there you have it - just an interesting little look at my family!

6 comments:

Sue Althouse said...

Wow, what an interesting and creative family you have! Loved seeing where you get your flair for it!

. said...

Very talented genes for sure!!!

I'm in love with your mom's mini albums! The one with the butterflies is gorgeous! :)

Karen said...

Thanks for posting this about our family. We are quite talented aren't we? Dad does hope to sell some of his tikis (I hope too. :-) Just haven't figured out how to package and ship them. Danielle is too busy being a Mom right now to work on her creative side. Me? As you can see I have been very busy. You taught me everything I know about mini's. Thanks.

Sooz said...

I love that tiki!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh Melissa - you DO HAVE A TALENTED family. Great mini albums, really nice painting and the tiki's are really cool. Thanks for sharing.
Deborah

Darline said...

It's great to see your entire family is involved in something artistic :) Keeps the mind active & keeps giving us great ideas :) Thanks for sharing!