Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Week of Halloween Tags - Day 3

Here it is Day 3 - I thought when I started this project I was going to do more artsy/messy tags - something with paint or ink or mist as the base but I'm really loving the simple tags with patterned paper and lots of layers.
And just for you a tutorial on how to make the accordion embellishment:
Start with 2 strips of paper - 12" x 1". Starting at the end fold a piece over approximately 1/2"
Continue to fold the pieces over - back and forth - accordian style. Do the same with the other piece.
Adhere the sides together
You will be left with this awkward accordion circle thing. Punch a circle - I used 1.25"
Fill the circle with glue - I used glossy accents - I strongly recommend hot glue (if you aren't worried about acid free - is hot glue acid free? I don't know - but it is WAY easier because it dries super fast. Take the accordion circle and push the center together and adhere to the circle - I put a little bit of glue in the center to help hold it together.
Cut a second circle and adhere to the other side. Ink with distress ink and there you go! In the tag I made I layered a second 1" circle on top and then a sticker.

17 comments:

. said...

I love this one too!! Close call...this might be my favorite so far. :)

Jane said...

LOVE your tag!!!

Shell said...

ooh I am so scraplifting some of these tag ideas for a crop on Saturday - well times that I saw this blog post! LOL...

super cute!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the nice comments on my blog :)
You tag(s) are so ca-ute~! love the rosette tutorial!

BabyBokChoy said...

Hi Melissa, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me with yours and wow, what fantastic projects you have. I love the clean lines in your projects!! I am so delighted with all of them!!!

Susan Stringfellow said...

Another fantastic tag! Melissa, I am so glad you left your link at my blog because I thought I had bookmarked your first tag at peas and when I went back yesterday to see another tag, I hadn't saved it. LOVE these, they are so fun!

Connie Mercer said...

Cute tags ~ all of them!!!

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

Fun! Love your halloween tags!

Stefanie said...

Beautiful use of bling.

sarah moore said...

Amazing Tag!!! And thanks for the lovely feedback on my blog
Sarah

Wendy Sue said...

Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving a comment - I'm so glad you did. You have lots of fun projects on your blog - I love your halloween tags! :o)

Tracy said...

I have just started making these medallions or rosettes. They are addicting. Mind you all things crafty are addicting

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

Super cute! I tried to make one of those accordion flowers, and I failed miserably. It wasn't pretty. You've inspired me to try again!

Jessica said...

Very cute!! :)

ConnieB said...

adorable! I love it!

Kathy Martin said...

Hey Melissa! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for giving me your blog address! I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

love love love themedallion