Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy World Card Making Day!


Did you know that today is World Card Making Day? I wasn't planning on doing a post because ...well... because I don't ever make cards. But I was cleaning up the stuff I used for making the birdhouse when I got the idea to make a quick Halloween card with the leftover scraps. So here it is:
The witch girl on the front is painted on with Distress Ink. I'm LOVING the look of stamped images painted with distress inks so I think you will be seeing a lot more of that in my work - for awhile at least - until I move onto a new phase!
Supplies:
Paper, Die Cuts, and Stamps - My Mind's Eye Blackbird
Distress ink - Peeled Paint
Distress ink - Spiced Marmalade
Distress ink - Black Soot
Distress ink - Brushed Corduroy
Distress ink - Scattered Straw
Ranger Archival Ink - Black

15 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

The little witch and the cat are so cute. Also, love your blog header. Awesome projects. Happy WCMD!

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana said...

Wow, awesome card from someone who never does them! Great colors, cute witch and I love the inside frame. This is one I may have to CASE real soon:) - its late, typos!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! That little witch made me smile, and the scalloped frame is perfect! Happy WCMD!

Murphy's Law said...

what fun cards. love them!

joybear said...

Very cute card and the house is adorable too!!!

Karen said...

Happy World Card Making Day too! Your card is so sweet with the little witch, and I love what you've done on the inside and oustide!!

Joani McDonald said...

Great card - you did a fabby job Ü
I see you had a productive WCMD.
See you around again soon.
Hugs,
Joani

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Adorable cards! I just became your newest follower :)

down_memory_lane said...

I am loving all the Halloween goodness!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Totally cute Melissa! I just saw this set the other day for the first time and thought it was so cute. Happy WCMD! Thanks for stopping by my blog too! :)

Katie

Anonymous said...

What darling creations!! I love the Halloween witch and fabby colors!! :) TFS!! HUGS

Lisa Dorsey said...

Adorable birdhouse!

An Experiment in Happiness said...

Love your Halloween house! Thanks for following, I am your newest fan!
~Jessica
www.myhappinessexperiment.blogspot.com

Sonda T said...

Finally got myself over here to see your card. Cute cute with that little costume character...one of my favs this year. Thanks for sharing and also posting on my blog! :)