It's day 3 of my week of dollar store crafts and today I am going with something pretty simple. I know this has been done before (my mom made my sister and I a bunch of these for Christmas) but I think its such a cute and fast project that it was worth including. These make great gifts or would be great project to add some personality to your child's notebooks before the first day of school!
Tutorial (click on the photo to enlarge):
1. Starting with a composition notebook from the dollar store (these can be readily found at walmart, target, and office supply stores as well) measure the front cover. I decided to leave the spine exposed for this project so I measured from the edge to the beginning of the spine. Cut patterned paper to that size.
2. Adhere paper to the front and back. I used a combination of scor tape and UHUstic. Trim off any excess hanging over the edge.
3. Measure the length of the book and mark it halfway and 1/2" in from the side. Do this on both the front and back.
4. Punch a hole in the marked spot on the front and back and set an eyelet. Tie the ribbon in the back eyelet (as shown in photo below). Pull one piece of ribbon through the front and tie a bow.
5. Embellish the front as desired! I also inked the whole thing with Rusty Hinge distress ink (apparently my newest favorite color)I hope you are enjoying my week of Dollar Store crafts! If this is your first time at my blog - Welcome! I would love for you to become a follower of my blog or facebook page! (see link on right side of my blog!) And be sure to check out my etsy shop here.
This post is linked here: