Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Life Full of Laughter Layout

Usually I scrap 12x12. With the exception of my first scrapbook that I made about 15 years ago all my scrapbooks are 12x12. However, lately I have been really inspired by a couple of galleries on two peas: Amy Welch*2, Jen Jockisch, and Balmad. (click their two peas name to see their galleries) Their 8 1/2 x 11" layouts are amazing! This inspiration combined with the fact that the smaller the space the easier it is for me to create (think atcs and tags!) led me to try working with this different size: I love love LOVE how this turned out! I tried doing the ink spots that I see in so many layouts out there - I did this by using glimmer glaze and flicking the ink off the brush on to the page. I like it how it turned out. Check back tomorrow to see my second attempt at a 8 1/2 x 11 page!

If this is your first time to my blog - Welcome! I would love for you to become a follower of my blog or my facebook page!(see link on right side of my blog!)

This post is linked here:
Paper Issues Blog DesignBCD 125My Backyard EdenNightOwlCraftingHump Day linkPassionately Artistic

9 comments:

MichelleB said...

Fun page! Love the pattern mix and flowers!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

melissa, this is just fab!

Tammy said...

Love your layout! I love to try different sizes and 8.5x11 is a better size sometimes when you only have one photo. Not as much white space to figure out what to do with! :) I use American Crafts 3-ring binders and I just mix all the sizes together in one binder.

GeorgiaBE said...

What a fun page! I love the way you did the lettering...I'm always in awe of scrappers...I can sew up a storm but can't glue paper to look better than my 2 yr olds creations! LOL!

Unknown said...

Very cool 8.5 X 11 page! Really like how you did the lettering on the title.

Nikki said...

What a GORGEOUS page!!!! Thanks so much for linking it up to gettin' crafty on hump day!!!! :)

Cassie said...

Thanks for linking to the New Party at Paper Issues! We featured you today!!!!
=)

Gretchen said...

fabulous layout!!!

Turnedgypsy said...

This is awesome. Please stop over and visit my blog too.

Chris
http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com