Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 17 - Snow Village Tutorial

I hope you enjoyed the snow village yesterday. Today I am going to show you how I made the houses. Because the tutorial is very photo heavy I had to group them together. To see more detail click on the images to make them bigger. Supplies needed: a variety of patterned paper and embellishments, adhesive, circle punches, trimmer and a ruler. First measure the height of the box and cut your paper to that measurement x 12. Put your adhesive on the box and wrap your paper around the box - for the smaller box I was able to wrap the paper around 3 sides - for the larger ones I had to use two pieces to wrap around 3 sides. Cut a piece to fit the front in a different patterned paper and adhere. Sand down the sides if needed. Take the top of the box and trace the triangle onto a coordinating piece of patterned paper. Cut out and adhere. Sand down as needed. Using a circle punch cut a bunch of circles out. I used 1" circles for my smaller house and larger circles for the larger houses. Using scor tape I adhered the tape to the roof first and then put the circles on top of it. Once you have the circles all glued to one side, flip the roof over cut the overhanging bits off. Adhere circles to the other side and repeat. Cut a strip roughly 3/4" and fold in half. Adhere to the top of the roof. Cut squares like shown in the picture and layer on top of each other to make the windows (and door). The sizes will vary depending on the size of your house.Embellish the houses. I used a variety of die cuts, chipboard shapes, and rhinestones. Remember to cover the back of any piece of self adhesive chipboard (or sticker) that is sticking off the side of your house with baby powder. The baby powder makes the sticker "unsticky" so it will pick up dirt or other things. I used the same process for all of my houses. Hope you enjoyed the tutorial and if you didn't see yesterday's post make sure to check it out for more detailed photos of the other houses!This post is linked at Passionately Artistic , Tidy Mom and here:
Paper Issues Blog Design

11 comments:

chris said...

These are darling! I love the papers you chose. Thank you so much for sharing. Merry Christmas!

kim c said...

I love the whole village, especially with the banner swaying over the roofs. So cute. Thanks for the great inspo and tutorial.

Kathy Martin said...

Too cute! :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

thanks so much for the tutorial! you did a great job!

Amanda said...

I featured you today! Happy Holidays!

Amanda
todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

Ilene said...

That is soo sooo adorable! I love the colors too. Makes me feel like I need to buy that cute pp after all! LOL

Unknown said...

what a cute winter scene!!!

Bethany Crowell said...

Hi Melissa! I'm so very glad you left a comment with your link on my blog today! Your projects are all fabulous and I look forward to 'following' you! :)

SAsha hOlloway said...

turned out SO dang good .. I love it

Jocelyn said...

How pretty!!!! I just adore the pics of your creations!!!

Thanks for stopping by my Blog!!! I will become a follower!!!

Wishing you a great weekend!!!

Unknown said...

Oh goodness, I LOVE this! What a pretty village.