Monday, December 6, 2010

25 Days of Christmas - Day 6 - Easy Ornament Tutorial

If you checked the blog yesterday you saw this post and the ornaments I made back in 2008 using scrapbook paper. I till love them and still put them on my tree so I am going to share this super easy paper wreath ornament tutorial with you! And if this is your first time to the blog - welcome! I am on day 6 of my 25 days of christmas projects - be sure to become a follower and stop back and see what's new!

Supplies needed:
Patterned paper - two different patterns
1 1/4" Circle punch
1" circle punch
Glue stick
Baker's twine or string
Christmas Embellishment.

To start punch 11 circles out of patterned paper - 11 1" and 11 1 1/4" circles. Glue the two sizes to each other. Using a glue stick (to allow some flexibility) start gluing the circles together to form a circle. Once you are done you might need to go in with some liquid glue (I used glossy accents) to make sure everything will stay together. Cut two pieces of bakers twine. I got mine from Anthropolgie - yes Anthropolgie! Insane right? Tie a piece at the top to hang the ornament from. Tie a piece at the bottom in a bow (I have mine off to the side a bit). Adhere a christmas embellishment or flower in this case. Done! Now you are all ready to hang it on the tree!

This post is linked at Vintage Pollyanna and Sumo's Sweet Stuff and here:
Paper Issues Blog Design The Girl CreativeMaking Keeping It SimpleBWS tips buttonmmm button

17 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

thanks for the tutorial

Elizabeth said...

So adorable!!! Great job! I would love for you to come visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made with Love Monday! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com/

Shell said...

oh that is easy - and so cute! Now I am imagining all sorts of variations with different punches... like a snowflake one!

Unknown said...

That's super cute, and easy. I'm gong to show my DD this, she'll enjoy making these.

Staci said...

Great idea! TFS!

Sarah Rice said...

soooo cute!

. said...

How stinkin' cute and easy!! :)

Vickie said...

That is cool! So easy to. I gotta do it:)

Angie Moses said...

super cute ideas for a fun ornament! gonna have to make me a few!

Allison said...

CUTE! I just bought my first paper punch last week--now I need one in a small diameter, too! Would you consider putting this post in my Tell Me Tuesday link party at Vintage Pollyanna? http://vintagepollyanna.blogspot.com/

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

So pretty and simple and very effective. A lot of pow for the punch, lol!

Cassie said...

This is so perfect!!!
These would make a great tag on gits too!!!
I love this idea!!
Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Paper Issues!!
=)

Jennifer said...

I love this idea! They are so fun. I featured you today on my ornament round up :)

Anonymous said...

C'est ravissant
Merci beaucoup

Unknown said...

I love this...simple and cute!

visit us at lighttrigger.blogspot.com

See u!

Amy said...

This is so cute and simple! I made one and put it on my blog with a link back to yours! Thank you for the great inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Hi Thank you so much for sharing this I love it.

Merry Christmas