Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 20 - Easy Holiday Garland Tutorial

Easy Holiday Garland Tutorial - I saw something similar in a Martha Stewart magazine one year and she used circle stickers - I thought I could do that with all the fun Christmas patterned paper I have!Step One: punch a bunch of circles out of patterned paper.Step Two: Locate some string or baker's twine.Step Three: Put a dot of adhesive into the middle of the circle (I used glossy accents)Step Four: Put the string through the glueStep Five: Adhere a second circle on top.Variation 1: Cut a strip 1"x2" and fold in half. Put the glue towards the bottom so that the flag will slide on the stringVariation 2: Punch a circle and fold in half. Put the glue towards the bottom so that the flag will slide on the string
Now hang your garland in your house or make a shorter version and put on a layout! And if this is your first time visiting my blog you can see a tutorial for this snow village here. Also I would love for you to become a follower of my blog or my facebook page!(see link on right side of my blog!)


This post is linked at Sumo's Sweet Stuff and here:
The Girl CreativeMaking Keeping It Simplemmm button Paper Issues Blog Design

8 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

very cute! i so love that paper!

Katie @ EyeSpyDIY said...

How very cute and easy to make!

kate said...

cute! I love your little town scene!

Becky said...

Too cute and how easy! Love it!

Melissa Samuels said...

Super cute!

Elizabeth said...

So fun! I wish I was better at paper crafting! Love the garland. You did a great job! Hoping you'll visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made With Love Monday! Wishing you a very blessed Christmas! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

shortywithastory said...

Love your fun style! Great tips! I have a DT call going on right now for my scrapbook kit club & would love to have creative Lucky Girls just like you. Check out the details here: http://luckygirlcraftkits.blogspot.com/2010/12/calling-all-lucky-girls.html

Jackie said...

So, so fun and fabulous!